Saturday, September 22, 2007

I finally get my own blog!

Hello! I'm Madeleine! Mommy and Daddy finally let me have my own blog so I can let all my friends and family know about my exciting life.

First let me explain about the title of this blog. See, when I get fussy (which is quite often because I'm a little drama queen), I like it when Mommy or Daddy hold me and jiggle me to sleep. Mommy's friend Lisa said to try jiggling me so my head moves like Jello. Well, lo and behold, I LOVE this! Here's a video showing just how this works.



I'm also quite a gassy girl. I tend to like to gulp down my milk so I end up taking a lot of air. I can't help it, though, I take after my Daddy and like to eat really fast. Mommy took a video of me in my cute giraffe outfit, but unfortunately I passed gas right in the middle of it. Oops!




Even though I'm only seven weeks old now, lots of stuff has been going on in my life. Here are a few pictures to show you just what you've missed.

First I was born.


As you can see, I wasn't too thrilled about being taken out of Mommy. In fact, they had to cut Mommy open because I was so comfy and warm inside her that I didn't even TRY to come out.

This is a picture of how I like to be swaddled.


I love my arms up around my head, but they tend to wake me up when I'm napping, so I need a blanket to help get control of them.

This was my going home outfit. Aren't I so cute?!


This is me sleeping with my Daddy. I pretty much sleep this way every night because I like to feel close to my Mommy and Daddy and unfortunately they can't sleep with me in my pack 'n play.


At first I wasn't too sure about baths, but now I love them. Here's a picture of me lounging in my tub.

I also like to watch Mommy make faces and talk to me. I especially love when she sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" song. Here's me reacting to when the sun came out.

As you can see, I love to smile now. Here's one more of me being adorable!


So that's what's been going on in my life since I've been born. I hope to keep you updated on my adventures in the coming weeks!

6 comments:

Owen said...

woo! I'm glad you finally got started! And I'm also glad your Mommy got the jiggle down. The jiggle was my favorite thing.

Mémère and Papa said...

Yeah for Madeleine on your new blog! Your are so cute! We love your pictures and reading about your daily life. We miss you lots and look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. Lots of love to you and don't forget to give Mommy and Daddy a big kiss for us. See you soon. Memere & Gramps

smurp said...

welcome to the blogosphere, Madeline!

Anonymous said...

love the blog!
you have to read _Happiest Baby on the Block_ if you need more tips like the jello jiggle . . . riley was quite the drama queen, too (except we gave up and called it colic), and that book saved our lives.
good luck! donnah

Anonymous said...

Yeah Madeleine has a blog! We love reading about our most adorable and sweet niece. We can't wait to see you again soon, maybe next time you'll get to play with your cousin Thijs!

Aunt Alicia and Uncle Matt

CT said...

How cute