Friday, September 28, 2007

Jiggling, Swaddling, and Turning Over!

Here's another technique Daddy has added to his repertoire of jiggling:



As you can see in the video, I have a blanket swaddled around me. See, I'm an active and wiggly baby. I love to move my arms and legs at all times. In fact, I rarely stay still. Because of this, I stay awake too long and then become a "fuss budget". So my parents tried swaddling me in regular old blankets. But please... I'm so wiggly and strong I always get out of them with minutes!

So my parents tried the "Swaddle Me" blanket. But I'm a thin and delicate girl, and this blanket is made for the chubsters of the world. So I could still wiggle and get my hands out of it within minutes again. Here is a picture of me asking my friend, Green Elephant, to help me escape the swaddle.


So now they've resorted to the "Miracle Blanket". And boy! I can't get out of this at all! It actually wraps my arms inside the swaddle. And although I protest at first, it really does help me calm down and sleep much better.

Oh! And there's one other piece of news. Twice this week I have turned over from my back to my tummy. The first time was when I was with Daddy and he was getting my swaddling blanket ready. I was hanging out in my crib, and when he came back to get me I was on my tummy! He couldn't believe it! The next day when I was playing on my activity mat with Mommy, I showed her my new trick as well! She told me I was doing so well! The only thing now, though, is this leaves me on my tummy and I hate being on my tummy! Guess I'll have to start learning to roll back over...

P.S. I love my Mommy and Daddy so much. I've been quite a "fuss budget" over the past eight weeks, but they still love me no matter what and are always finding new ways to help me become less fussy. Mommy posted a new post on her blog about this. Check it out!

No comments: