Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend full of doctor visits! Yay!

On Friday I wasn't feeling like myself and when Mommy took my temperature it was 102.4. She gave me some medicine which helped a bit, but I still wasn't feeling all that well the next day so she and Daddy took me to the pediatrician.

Turns out I have a little ear infection. So they gave me amoxicillin to fix it. Mommy mentioned that Daddy was allergic to penicillin, and they said it can be hereditary but to just keep an eye out for any reaction.

Well after two doses, I was full of hives this morning. Here are some pictures.

This first one is blurry because I was moving around so much.
Here Daddy is holding my head to show the one under my chin so we could show the doctor when we went back.
These next ones all came out after the doctor visit.
This was a HUGE one on my hip.


I didn't seemed bothered by them and they are mostly gone now. The nurse did say there is a 20% chance I could be allergic to the alternative medicine. Let's hope not!

2 comments:

Thijs said...

Hope you're feeling better! We hate to see you broken out in hives:( We love you!

Mémère and Papa said...

Oh Madeleine, I'm sorry you had to suffer through this. I hope you're feeling better soon. We want you to be well when you come visit here on Thursday with you mommy and daddy. We love you and miss you. Take care.